There are many ways to lose a lot of weight quickly.
However, most of them will make you feel hungry and unhappy.
If you don’t have iron willpower, hunger will quickly abandon these plans.
The plan described here:
- It significantly reduces your appetite.
- Make you lose weight quickly, without hunger.
- Improve the health of your metabolism at the same time.
Here is a simple 3 step plan to lose weight quickly.
1Reduce sugars and starches
The most important part is the reduction of sugars and starches (carbohydrates).
When you do that, hunger levels decrease and you end up eating much less calories (reliable source).
Now, instead of burning carbohydrates for energy, your body begins to feed on stored fats.
Another benefit of reducing carbohydrates is that it reduces insulin levels, causing the kidneys to escape sodium and excess water from the body. This reduces unnecessary heat and water weight (2.3 reliable source).
It is not uncommon to lose up to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week of taking this method, both body fat and water.
This is a graph of a study comparing low carb and fat diets in women who are overweight or obese (4Trusted source).
The low carb group even eats fullness, while the low fat group restricts calories and hunger.
Eliminate carbohydrates and you will start eating fewer calories automatically and without hunger (5).
Simply put, reducing carbohydrates puts fat loss on the autopilot.
Eliminating sugars and starches (carbohydrates) from your diet will reduce your appetite, reduce insulin levels and cause you to lose weight without hunger.
2 Eat protein, fat and vegetables.
Each of your meals should include a protein, a source of fat and low carb vegetables.
Building your own meals in this way will automatically enter the amount of carbohydrates in the recommended range of 20 to 50 grams per day.
- Protein sources
- Meat: meat, chicken, pork, meat, etc.
- Fish and shellfish: salmon, trout, shrimp, etc.
- Eggs: whole eggs with egg yolks are the best.
- The importance of consuming too much protein cannot be overstated.
This has been shown to increase metabolism between 80 and 100 calories per day (6 reliable sources, 7 reliable sources, 8 reliable sources).
Protein-rich diets can also reduce cravings and obsessive thoughts about food by 60%, cut the cravings for a nighttime snack and make it so full that you only eat 441 calories per day, just by adding protein to your diet (9 reliable, 10 reliable).
When it comes to losing weight, protein is the king of nutrients. Period
Low carb vegetables
Full list here.
Don’t be afraid to load the dish with these low carb vegetables. You can eat massive amounts without exceeding 20-50 pure carbohydrates per day.
The diet that is based primarily on meat and vegetables contains all the fiber, vitamins and minerals you need to be healthy.
- olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
Eat 2-3 meals a day. If you are hungry in the afternoon, add the fourth meal.
Do not be afraid to eat fat, because trying to eat both low-carb and low-fat carbohydrates at the same time is a recipe for failure. It will make you feel miserable and abandon the plan.
To find out how you can group your meals, check out the low carb meal plan and this list of 101 healthy low carb recipes.
Collect each serving of a source of protein and a source of low-carb fats and vegetables. This will put it in the range of 20 to 50 grams of carbohydrates and drastically reduce hunger levels.
3.Lift weights 3 times a week
You do not need to exercise to lose weight in this plan, but it is recommended.
The best option is to go to the gym 3-4 times a week. Warm up and lift weights.
If you are new to the gym, ask the coach for advice.
By lifting weights, you will burn a lot of calories and prevent the metabolism from slowing down, which is a common side effect of losing weight (11 reliable sources, 12 reliable sources).
Studies on low carb diets indicate that you can even gain some muscle while losing large amounts of body fat (13).
If weightlifting is not an option for you, some cardiovascular exercises such as walking, jogging, running, biking or swimming will suffice.
It is better to do some resistance training such as weightlifting. If this is not an option, cardiovascular exercises will also be effective.
Optional: perform a “carbohydrate reset” once a week
You can take one day off per week while eating more carbohydrates. Many people prefer Saturday.
It is important to stick to healthy sources of carbohydrates such as oatmeal, rice, quinoa, potatoes, sweet potatoes, fruits, etc.
But in just one day of this carbohydrate, if you start doing it more than once a week, you won’t see much success in this plan.
If you have to make a cheat meal and eat something unhealthy, do it on this day.
Keep in mind that deceptive foods or the dissolution of carbohydrates are not necessary, but they can increase some hormones that burn fats such as leptin and thyroid hormones (14 reliable sources, reliable sources 15).
You will gain some weight during the recharge day, but most of it will be water and you will lose it again in the next 1-2 days.
Eating one day per week as you consume more carbohydrates is quite acceptable, although not necessary.
What about calorie and parts control?
It is not necessary to count calories as long as you keep carbohydrates too low and stick to proteins, fats and vegetables that are low in carbohydrates.
However, if you really want your account, use this calculator.
Enter your information, then choose the number of the section “Weight loss” or “Rapid weight loss”, depending on the speed you want to lose weight.
There are many excellent tools you can use to track how many calories you eat. Here is a list of 5 calorie counters that are free and easy to use.
The main objective of this plan is to keep carbohydrates of less than 20 to 50 grams per day and get the rest of the calories from protein and fat.
It is not necessary to calculate calories to lose weight in this plan. It is extremely important to accurately maintain carbohydrates in the range of 20-50 grams.
10 Weight Loss Tips To Make Things Easier (And Faster)
Here are 10 other tips to lose weight faster:
- Eat a protein-rich breakfast. Eating a protein-rich breakfast has been shown to reduce cravings and calorie intake throughout the day (16 reliable sources, 17 reliable sources).
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juices. These are the fattest things you can put in your body, and avoiding them can help you lose weight (18 reliable sources, 19).
- Drink water half an hour before meals. One study showed that drinking water half an hour before meals increased weight loss by 44% for 3 months (20 reliable sources).
- Choose low weight foods (see list). Some foods are very beneficial for losing fat. Here is a list of the 20 foods with the greatest weight loss on earth.
- Eat soluble fiber. Studies indicate that soluble fiber can reduce fat, especially in the abdominal area. Fiber supplements such as glucomannan can also help (21Trusted Source, 22Trusted Source).
- Drink coffee or tea. If you drink coffee or tea, drink as much as you want and caffeine can increase your metabolism by 3-11% (23 reliable source, reliable source, reliable source 25).
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods. Base most of your diet on whole foods. They are healthier, fill more and are less likely to cause excessive food intake.
- Eat your food slowly. Fast eaters gain more weight over time. Eating slowly makes you feel full and promotes weight-reducing hormones (26, 27 reliable sources).
- Weigh yourself every day. Studies show that people who weigh themselves every day are more likely to lose weight and maintain it for a long time (28 reliable sources, 29 reliable sources).
- Sleep well every night. Lack of sleep is one of the most powerful weight gain factors, so it is important to take care of it (30).
More tips here: 30 easy ways to lose weight naturally (with scientific support).
It is important to comply with all three rules, but there are some other things you can do to speed things up.
How Fast You Will Lose (And Other Benefits)
You can expect to lose weight of 5 to 10 pounds (sometimes more) in the first week, and then lose weight constantly after that.
I personally can lose 3-4 pounds a week for a few weeks when I do exactly that.
If you are new to the diet, things will probably happen quickly. The more weight you lose, the faster you will lose weight.
During the first few days, you may feel a little strange. Your body burns carbohydrates throughout these years, so it can take some time to get used to burning fat.
This is called “low carb flu” or “influenza keto” and usually ends in a few days. For me it takes three. Adding some extra salt to your diet can help.
After the first few days, most people reported feeling very well, with more energy than before.
Despite the long decades of hysteria against fats, a low carb diet improves your health in many other ways:
- Blood sugar tends to decrease in low carb diets (31).
- Triglycerides tend to decrease (source of 32Trusted).
- Small (bad) LDL cholesterol decreases (33 reliable sources, 34).
- HDL cholesterol (good) increases (35 reliable sources).
- Blood pressure improves significantly (reliable source 36, 37).
- Also, a low carb diet seems to be as easy to follow as low fat meals.
You can expect to lose a lot of weight, but that depends on how fast this happens. Low carb diets improve your health in many other ways.
You Do Not Need To Starve To Lose Weight
If you have a medical condition, talk to your doctor before making changes because this plan may reduce your need for medications.
By reducing carbohydrates and insulin levels, you can change the hormonal environment and make your body and mind “want” to lose weight.
This leads to a significant reduction in appetite and hunger, eliminating the main reason why most people fail with traditional methods of weight loss.
This has been shown to cause you to lose up to 2-3 times the weight of a low-fat and calorie-restricted diet (38, 39, 40 reliable source).
Another great benefit for people who are impatient is that the initial drop in water weight can make a big difference on the scale the next morning.
Here are some examples of simple and delicious low carb meals that can be prepared in less than 10 minutes: 7 healthy low carb meals in 10 minutes or less.
In this plan, you can eat good food until you are full and still lose a lot of fat. Welcome to Paradise.